As I’m the graphic designer at church, I have the option to produce almost anything I think is interesting that matches the theme of the week or message series. One thing I’ve enjoyed producing for quite a while are double banners (60cm x 180cm) that hang on either side of the cross behind the pulpit.
- Dark vs. light; despair vs. hope; death vs. life
- Contrasting “Good Friday” with “Resurrection Sunday”
- Crucifixion: An image from BrutallyHonest.org
- Resurrection: The Resurrection Mural by Ron Dicianni
- Verse: Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.”
After gathering some inspiration, I drew the designs in Illustrator and also created some new sermon art and PPT backgrounds for the service. It was important to me to keep a similar kind of visual feel, flow, and message through the three pieces (including the PPTs). Therefore, I thought vector cutouts with lots of solid colors (particularly black) would be best.
Check out the Sermon Art below. Click the link to see more of it.