Nathan contacted me in March 2015 to help him and his business partner Steve create a website to start promoting and getting sales for their new business venture: Bubble Ball Korea. Check out the video below for a peek at what Bubble Ball entails.
The following is an excerpt of our correspondence to begin working on the site.
Nathan: Can you make a site like Bumblesoccer.com?
Aaron: The type (or style) of website you sent me to as your idea is called “Parallax“. Here’s a quick, simple example: https://wordpress.org/themes/accesspress-parallax/
One thing that these kinds of themes are good for is showcasing massive images as backgrounds and as rotating image sliders.
Do you have a logo?
Nathan: Working on the finalization of it.
Aaron: Sounds good, I’d love to see it when you’re done with it. It’ll help me get a feel for your style. Do you guys prefer more clean, polished, professional, modern, or more rugged, rough, gritty, dirty, or more fun, exciting, happy, etc? If you give me a few adjectives to describe what you want, that’ll help. Of course, the images and text you write should also reflect all that. Site will be primarily in English or Korean? Or both?
Nathan: Rugged, fun, exciting but modern?? Make sense? We want to portray a lot of fun but in a classy way.
We will need both English and Korean. Basically a mirror of the two.
Aaron: How do you recoup your expenses? Is there a fee to play/join the club?
Nathan: It’s not a club. People can rent them by the hour, birthday parties, academies (mostly elementary) are already interested in having a day with them, sports clubs, etc.
We had two face-to-face meetings during the design and development process:
- May 21, 2015: To discuss the necessary (and possible) site features and design
- June 18, 2015: In-person training for site management & hand-over of the site
My wife and I additionally translated their Waiver of Liability into Korean:
- Created horizontal version of the logo
- Korean Translation of Waiver of Liability
- Set up automatic backups (BackWPup)
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Page Speed Optimization
- Image color/compression Optimization
- Booking calendar customization
- Slider customization (to include videos)Che
- Dual-lingual site (English/Korean)
- Built a Custom WP Child Theme (based on AccessPress Parallax)
- Built a Custom WP Pricing Tables Plugin
- Personalized (in-person) essential site-management training